Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Evaluating GAME Plan

By reaching out through my blog, through Walden discussions, and other educators, I have been successful with my GAME plan. Evaluating its effectiveness, I would say that contacting educators from many different backgrounds and in many different formats was extremely useful. I have been able to expand my "portfolio of resources" and work on my future planning. So far I have discovered different formats of writing book reviews from the traditional book report format. I was able to see one of my Walden colleague's wikis in which she had students write book reviews; as she titled it "for students and by students." There is still much I have to learn. I am interested in finding other sites beyond smartboard exchange to discover already made templates for interactive white boards. I plan on continuing my GAME plan the way I have been doing already. So far it has proven to be useful and provide me with great resources. If anyone can think of any other ways to expand my process, I would greatly welcome the suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. I have found the SmartBoard exchange to be extremely helpful and interesting. It is so nice because once you save the program to your computer you are able to delete or add slides as it relates to your class. I have found a lot of great high school english and physical science through the SmartBoard exchange. It is definitely worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Smartboard exchange pretty regularly. I have not only found great lessons for ELA, but I have found great templates for practices quizzes and even some games. It is a great way to add in information that is specific to my class, but still get to use a great template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wanting to find other whiteboard templates is understandable and many people are trying to create some opensource whiteboard software that can be shared between smartboard users. I use a Wiimote interactive smartboard that uses an software called smoothboard but have yet to really look at all the templates that they have included. Let me know if you find some good sources.
    Forrest Willoughby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not use smartboard exchange that much I have relied on the collaboration of my colleagues to get cool and interesting ideas for my smart board activites. After reading your blog I think I am going to check into smartboard exchange on a more frequent basis. It is great to see that many of the teachers in our class have access to a smartboard. I know that a few years ago very few people heard about smartboards let alone have one. Technology is such a fast growing business I can't wait to see where we go with it next.

    ReplyDelete